MQM-Pakistan calls for re-census in Sindh

Karachi (HRNW): Mutahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-Pakistan) chairman Farooq Sattar on Tuesday called for re-census in Sindh after his party had already rejected the census results. In a local hotel in Karachi, MQM-Pakistan had organized a debate on the controversial 6th population and housing census of Pakistan. Addressing the people during the event, Farooq Sattar said that this controversial result is not just against the ‘Muhajir’ ethnicity but against every individual of Sindh. He said that census results were forged deliberately in order to deprive the people of Sindh from their rights and due funds. He said that people of Sindh are bearing this unjust behavior for so long that they have now started feeling in secured.

“We reject the results of population census and demand a re-census as soon as possible,” he demanded. Talking about the Independence Cup taking place in Lahore, Sattar said that peace is being maintained in Karachi while matches are being played in Lahore. “Waseem Akhtar organized a wrestling match in Karachi, if somebody doesn’t want to take the responsibility of organizing cricket matches in Karachi, we will take that responsibility,” he asserted. Talking to the audience on the occasion, Mayor of Karachi Waseem Akhtar said that population census results are due to dishonesty and those who don’t give the local governments their rights, Article 6 should be applied on them.

Be the first to comment on "MQM-Pakistan calls for re-census in Sindh"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*