Dr Farooq Sattar proposed to launch ‘Southern Sindh Province Movement’

Karachi (HRNW): Muttahida Quami Movement–Pakistan (MQM-P) leader Dr Farooq Sattar has announced that he is going to launch “Janoobi Sindh Sooba Tehreek” (Southern Sindh Province Movement). He did this announcement on Monday when court confirmed that he could no longer run the party. He lost a request to Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui, as they were running their own sections of the party, PIB and Bahadurabad, referring to the names of stronghold neighborhoods. They disagreement started on who should embrace the position of convenor. Dr Farooq Sattar also expressed a boycott for elections 2018. Furthermore, according to him making a separate movement will help him to stay an individual figure, being a qualified politician.

He explained the court’s decision to remove him as the convenor as: “Minus-one has been implemented and now attempts are being made to minus the MQM.” He said, “This is a minus-two and minus-MQM formula.” Earlier on Monday, the Islamabad High Court had declared Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui MQM-P’s convener, rejecting Dr Farooq Sattar’s demand against an earlier decision of the election commission. According to Dr. Sattar this decision of court is highly unacceptable. Also he said , “The courts don’t make anyone a leader.”

Be the first to comment on "Dr Farooq Sattar proposed to launch ‘Southern Sindh Province Movement’"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*