Sydney: (HRNW) A woman died while taking part in a cake-eating competition to celebrate Australia Day, local media reported today.
Paramedics were called to a pub in the state of Queensland on Sunday afternoon after a woman was involved in a “medical incident”.
Public broadcaster ABC reported the 60-year-old had a seizure after she “shovelled a lamington into her mouth”.
Lamingtons, a traditional Australian dessert, are cube-shaped sponge cakes dipped in chocolate and covered in grated coconut.
The woman was rushed to hospital in the coastal town of Hervey Bay but later died, ABC reported.