KARACHI (HRNW) – The Sindh Cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday has approved Rs100 million for the prevention of coronavirus outbreak in the province.
During the meeting, the cabinet has also directed to sign memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Indus Hospital for the treatment of coronavirus carriers.
The CM said that 5000 more kits have been ordered for tests of the people coming from China and Iran. He further told that people are also kept in isolation at their houses to prevent virus spread.
On the other hand, the government has reported a new coronavirus case, taking the total in the South Asian nation to five since the first cases were confirmed last week, officials said.
“We have now 5th confirmed case of COVID19 in federal areas,” Dr Zafar Mirza told. The patient is stable and being managed well, he said, without giving further details.
The patient is a 45-year-old woman from the northern mountainous region of Gilgit Baltistan, who arrived from Iran a few days ago.