170 hospitalised after eating stale food at ceremony near Larkana

LARKANA: (HRNW) More than 170 people, including 71 children, suffered food poisoning and many of them fainted reportedly after eating stale chicken dish at a ceremony for ‘circumcision’ in Rahim Bhughio village, eight kilometres from here on Airport Road.

The villagers were brought to emergency unit of the Chandka Medical College Hospital where Dr Insaf Magsi, additional medical superintendent, told Dawn that they had received 170 patients. Many of them were admitted while others were provided treatment and permitted to go home as they were relatively stable, he said.

He said that Sindh Minister for Health Dr Azra Pechuho was in touch with him and getting information about the incident. Hardly 40 patients were still admitted to casualty and medicine units and all were stable, he claimed.

Be the first to comment on "170 hospitalised after eating stale food at ceremony near Larkana"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.